If you’re planning on setting up a private server, having a whitelist is essential. This whitelist for only a select number of players to join the server which you can add. Anyone else attempting to join will be denied access, keeping your server private and safe. This is beneficial for security because, while you should be the only one who knows the IP address, friends may share it with others who may cause the server to crash.
In this article, you will learn about how to whitelist the Minecraft server java edition, how you can turn on and off the whitelist, and how you can join a whitelist Minecraft server.
How To Whitelist The Minecraft Server Step By Step Process?
The method for creating a private server or a whitelist in the Minecraft server for your friends and family can differ for the edition of the server that you might be using. You can consult either of the methods depending on the edition that you are using.
Activating The Java Edition Whitelist
- First of all, you have to make your way to the Game panel in the Java Edition of Minecraft.
- Inside the game panel, the console must be opened.
- Then, inside the console, you need to type in “whitelist on”.
- Then, you can press enter to submit your request.
- You should get a notice that reads “Turned on the whitelist” when you write this, indicating that the whitelist has been successfully activated.
Activating The Bedrock Edition Whitelist
- Stop the server by going to the Game panel.
- Then, tap on the option that says: “Config Files.”
- Then, you need to navigate to the “Server Settings.”
- Change the value of “Whitelist” to true, then click Save.
- Return to the game interface and re-start the server.
Players Are Added To The Whitelist Using This Process:
- The console needs to be opened, and for this, you need to go to the game panel.
- You’ll need to type “whitelist add the player name” into the terminal. “Whitelist add thanos589,” for example.
- You’ll notice a notification that says “the player added to whitelist” when you type this command.
Players Are Removed From The Whitelist Using This Process:
- Open the console by going to the game panel.
- Type “whitelist delete player name” into the terminal.
- You’ll notice a notification that says “player removed from whitelist” once you type this command into the terminal.
How To Turn Off Whitelist Minecraft Server?
If You Are Using Multicraft:
- Stop your server by logging into your management panel.
- Go to Files, then to ‘Configuration.’
- You’ll want to change the ‘Minecraft Server Settings’ file here.
- Find ‘Whitelisting’ in the file and adjust it to Enable or Disable according to your desire.
- Start your server after saving your changes.
If You Are Using Server, Use These Codes:
- /whitelist on enables whitelisting, allowing only those who have been whitelisted to join.
- /whitelist off enables all players to join by disabling whitelisting.
How To Bypass A Whitelist Minecraft Server?
Setting up a whitelist is a quick and easy approach to restricting access to your Minecraft server to users you know and trust. Unauthorized people won’t be able to connect to your server, posing a threat to your world.
The method is particularly designed to prevent anyone from bypassing a whitelist Minecraft server. Anyone who is not originally authorized in the whitelist cannot bypass a whitelist Minecraft server.
However, people might still find ways to get into a private Minecraft server. The techniques by such people are not legit or ethically approved, so it is advised not to use such methods in order to bypass a whitelist Minecraft server.
How To Join A Whitelist Minecraft Server?
As discussed in the section above, one can only join a whitelist Minecraft server if the one who has made the whitelist originally allows the players to join.
If the one who has made the whitelist doesn’t authorize other players to join, then the players can’t join the whitelist Minecraft server.
So, if you want to join a whitelist Minecraft server, you need to request the author of the whitelist to insert your username in the game panel in a specific format that has been discussed above. Once this is done, a notification indicating that the player has been added will be displayed, which would indicate that the player has been added.
In this post, you have learned the following things which may be beneficial to you:
- How To Whitelist The Minecraft Server?
- How To Turn Off Whitelist Minecraft Server?
- How To Bypass A Whitelist Minecraft Server?
- How To Join A Whitelist Minecraft Server?